Diabetes affects all of us: an estimated 1/3 of people will become diabetic in their lifetime.We want to change those numbers but we can't do it without you!
1. Fund research toward a cure
2. Provide diabetes education
Done with Diabetes is an Illinois-based Not For Profit corporation that received 501(c)(3) status in 2019.
- To fund research toward a cure for all those with diabetes
- To provide diabetes education
Research Focus Areas Include:
- A cure for all those living with diabetes, including monogenic diabetes
- Halting and/or reversing late stage diabetic eye disease (retinopathy) and diabetic macular edema
- Understanding, diagnosing, and treating monogenic diabetes
Educational Focus Areas Include:
- Diabetes prevalence in the population
- Factors that contribute to diabetes
- Monogenic Diabetes (also known as MODY)
- Consideration of low carbohydrate diets to potentially reduce medication dependence
Please check out Our Story to read our Founder’s inspiring message!